REMSA Nurse Health Line FAQs
Is there a charge to call the REMSA Nurse Health Line?
The Nurse Health Line is available to callers covered by insurance providers that have contracted with REMSA to offer this service to their members. If you are using the Nurse Health Line provided by our insurance company, generally there is no charge to the caller.
What services can you refer me to?
The REMSA Nurse Health Line has an extensive directory of services to help callers find resources in the community. That could include urgent cares, clinics, community service agencies, and assistance programs among others. If you have health insurance, the nurses can help you connect with your insurance providers.
Why would I call the REMSA Nurse Health Line?
Some health care problems may seem minor, yet it is often hard to know what to do. The problems could be like these:
- I twisted my ankle. Are the symptoms I’m having likely to mean it’s broken or just sprained?
- The baby has been crying all night and won’t eat. How do I know if he’s teething or if it is something worse?
- How do I treat a fever? Is my fever serious?
- My nose has been running and I have a bad headache. How do I know if it’s simply allergies or if it’s gotten worse like a sinus infection? How do I know if I need antibiotics?
- I’m taking care of a family member with dementia. I’m worried that she can’t tell me she’s feeling sick. What signs should I look for?
- What could this rash be? Is it Chicken Pox? Or an allergy?
I have insurance, but I am not sure where I can be seen.
Our goal is to assist you to receive better and more appropriate care, achieve better health and lower out-of-pocket health care costs. If you have health insurance, the nurses can help you connect with your insurance providers.
Will someone follow up with me?
After you call the REMSA Nurse Health Line, one of our nurses will call you the next day to answer any further questions you may have and to help assure you were connected with the right care or resources. You are also welcome to call back at any time.