Return to News & Updates
The Nevada Gaming Control Board recently conducted a workshop meeting to determine the logistics of successfully reopening the casino industry in the state. To help with this decision they inquired from six health and safety experts, including Dean Dow, president and CEO of the Regional Emergency Medical Services Authority (REMSA) in Washoe County.
The board is responsible for determining when it is safe for casinos to reopen. Dow was invited to address the board via video conference to talk about REMSA’s COVID-19 response capabilities as well as to advise the board on the reopening of the state’s casino properties.
- The 24/7 Washoe County/REMSA COVID-19 Community Triage Line designed to respond to the influx of calls related to COVID-19 for any questions regarding symptoms, exposure, social distancing as well as where to seek care and community resources.
- REMSA’s rural healthcare program, Nurse Health Line and paramedic and healthcare services in Washoe County and northeastern California.
- REMSA’s previous expertise inquiries for COVID-19 recommendations including multilingual information cards to be distributed on casino properties that include contact information for the community triage line, telehealth programs and community resources.
- REMSA’s collaboration with Washoe County Health District to provide at-home COVID-19 testing for those individuals who cannot leave their home as well as capabilities to transport potential COVID-19 patients to alternate housing locations.
- REMSA’s partnership with Ready Responders to provide 24/7 clinically advanced at-home health care in addition to telehealth.
You can view the meeting here.