REMSA Emergency Medical Technician Course
An Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) course is the entry-level course for the Emergency Medical Services profession. The curriculum includes EMT roles and responsibilities, airway management, patient assessment, medical emergencies, anatomy and physiology, documentation, lifting and moving, and communications. Practical labs will be conducted. Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be eligible to take the National Registry test and certify as an EMT in the State of Nevada.
All prerequisites are due by the registration deadline which will be issued upon acceptance into the course.
- Valid drivers license or photo ID card
- 18 years old at the start of class
- Have a current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider CPR certification (BLS CPR for Healthcare Providers)
- Have current medical insurance
- Have a clean criminal record. Contact us with specific questions.
- Have proof of a negative TB exam in the last 6 months
- Have proof of immunizations including Hepatitis B, MMR-DPT and Varicella (or positive Chicken Pox history).
All prospective students must register for and complete an entrance exam to be ranked and accepted into the course. The exam includes information on Basic Life Support CPR knowledge, basic reading and math comprehension. There is no study guide for this exam. Students are encouraged to be refreshed on current AHA Healthcare Provider CPR knowledge and be prepared to complete simple math including addition, subtractions, fractions, conversions, and some basic algebra.
Testing for the January 2023 course is now open for registration.
- Please sign up for the EMT course entrance testing (or interest list if applicable) by clicking here.
The January course meets Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. for 10 weeks. You must also complete one 12-hour clinical rotation within the hospital setting and one 10-hour ambulance ride-along, hours will vary for each site. National Registry practical testing is also included in the program. A date and time will be chosen for this exam at the beginning of the course.
The REMSA EMT course costs $841.50. This fee does not include the course textbook, background and drug check fees, lab fees, or accessories that you deem necessary to be successful. Students will need to have access to a watch and a stethoscope for clinical rotations.
Once accepted into the course you will need to purchase a textbook. Information about the required text will be included with your acceptance notification. Do not wait to secure your textbook as it is required on the first day.