Return to News & Updates
Cardiovascular disease, including heart disease and stroke, remains the leading global cause of death with more than 17.3 million deaths each year. REMSA is offering and participating in events throughout the month of February to raise awareness about heart health and to teach skills that could save a life in the event of sudden cardiac arrest.
FREE EVENTS – No Registration Required
- February 10 from noon to 3 p.m. 2018 Love Your Heart Celebration at Meadowood Mall at 5000 Meadowood Mall Circle in Reno – REMSA educators will be on site teaching Hands Only CPR
- February 11 from 3 – 4 p.m. Por tu Corazon Fair at Little Flower Church at 875 East Plumb Lane in Reno – REMSA educators will be on site teaching, in Spanish, Hands Only CPR
- February 14 11am-12:30 p.m. Hands Only Senior Care Plus at Hometown Health at 10315 Professional Circle in Reno
- February 24 from American Heart Association’s Family & Friends® CPR Course (awareness, video-based, non-certification) at The Discovery at 490 S. Center Street in Reno
- February 17 from 9 – 11 a.m. Save a Heart CPR instruction (awareness, video-based, non certification) at REMSA’s Center for Prehospital Education; this CPR course is ideal for community groups, parents, grandparents, caregivers, schools and students, and others interested in learning how to save a life.
$25 with a portion of the proceeds benefiting the Northern Nevada American Heart Association Affiliate office. Pre-registration is required.
How To Do Hands Only CPR
If you see a teen or adult suddenly collapse, call 911 and push hard and fast in the center of the chest to the beat of any tune that is 100 to 120 beats per minute (such as Stayin’ Alive by the Bee Gees). Immediate CPR can double or even triple a person’s chance of survival.