Return to News & Updates
As a wrap-up to fiscal year 2023, Barry Duplantis, President and CEO shared an update with employees.
We are already almost two months into the new year – the new fiscal year! Just like many of us do at the start of a new calendar year, it is important to also reflect on the fiscal year we just closed out and look ahead to what we are aiming to accomplish in the coming months.
Most importantly, I want to recognize the incredibly hard work that all of you contribute every day. Your dedication to caring for the communities we serve is what enables us to reach such remarkable results. I am continually impressed by your compassion and clinical excellence, as well as your commitment to advancing the delivery of out-of-hospital healthcare.
A LOOK AT THE NUMBERS
In fiscal year 2023, REMSA Health:
- Managed approximately 290,000 calls through its Regional Communications Center
- Responded ground ambulances to 95,268 calls for service
- Transported 57,923 patients via ground ambulance
- Transported 1,410 patients on Care Flight
- Trained and educated 16,687 students through its Education Center
- Has a relationship with 7,600 people through its ground and air membership program
- Is exploring options of ways to sustainably use funds earned in FY2023 to benefit employees
BEYOND THE NUMBERS
In addition to these accomplishments, we:
- expanded our mental health offerings to include an embedded clinician from Nevada Peer Support Network and a partnership with Mountain EAP
- launched RHEMI – our mobile employee communication platform
- actively participated in the regionalization and common CAD project
- secured a $5.3 million grant toward purchasing a new helicopter
- continued to position the organization for fiscal sustainability by reducing organizational debt to an all-time low
As I look ahead into Fiscal Year 2024 and what we are focused on, I am excited to share that we will:
- launch additional mental health programs for our providers and staff
- identify additional ways to set apart our organization as an employer of choice
- work with our regional partners on implementing common CAD by 2025
- welcome a new Care Flight aircraft to be based in Fallon, Nev.
- increase the uptake of our alternate patient navigation choices including things like telehealth, alternation destination transport, alternate transportation and Nurse Health Line triage and care guidance
- grow our Membership Plus program enrollees
Again, let me reiterate how proud I am to work with all of you and how deeply I appreciate your commitment to our mission.