November 9, 2018
REMSA Seeking Participants for its First Home for the Holidays Event
The Regional Emergency Medical Services Authority (REMSA) announces its first Home for the Holidays medical transport event. REMSA is offering, FREE OF CHARGE, to take two community members needing medical support home for the Thanksgiving holiday to share in the traditional experience of gathering with family and friends.
The selected participants will be picked up at their current residence in an ambulance, and taken to the family member of friend’s home of their choice to partake in holiday festivities for a few hours. The participant will enjoy a festive day (unaccompanied by REMSA’s paramedic crew) and will be returned, via ambulance, to their residence at the end of their holiday.
Nomination deadline is Sunday, November 18, 2018. If you or someone you know would like to participate in this event, contact Alexia Jobson at 775-353-0880 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date of transport event is Thanksgiving Day, November 22 between; drop off between 11 a.m. and noon; exact time to be determined.
- Transport participant and friend/family participant must reside in REMSA’s primary service areas of Reno-Sparks-Washoe County.
- People in a hospital or assisted living facility are eligible. REMSA will coordinate with the facility.
- Participants and friends/family should be willing to share their experience with media partners and sign a protected health information and photo release form.
- No age restrictions.
- REMSA retains the sole right to make the final determination of clinical appropriateness for participation.
- Participants will be selected on a first-come, first-served, medically appropriate basis.
Return to News & Updates