Return to News & Updates
The Regional Emergency Medical Services Authority (REMSA) announces its first Trick-or-Treat Transport. If you know a child that would like to go out on Halloween but needs medical support to do so, nominate them for Trick-or-Treat Transport. REMSA will facilitate medical transportation for a child who might not normally be able to go out on Halloween night due to medical restrictions.
The selected participant and their family will be picked up at their current residence (or care facility) in an ambulance and taken to a specially selected neighborhood in a REMSA ambulance and escorted on one of our stretchers, by a paramedic-level crew. They will have the opportunity to trick or treat and then return home or to the care facility after their bag is full.
The nomination deadline is Monday, October 21, 2019. If you or someone you know would like to participate in this event, contact Alexia Jobson at 775-353-0880 or email@example.com.
- The date of the event/transport is Thursday, October 31, 2019 (Halloween) between 5 and 8 p.m.
- Transport participant and parents or legal guardians must reside in REMSA’s primary service areas of Reno-Sparks-Washoe County.
- Children in a hospital or other medical facility are eligible. REMSA will coordinate with the facility.
- The child should be between the ages of 5 and 15 years old.
- Participants and friends/family should be willing to share their experience with media partners and sign a protected health information and photo release form.
- REMSA retains the sole right to make the final determination of clinical appropriateness for participation.
- Participants will be randomly selected and finalized based on medical appropriateness.