Public Education Instructor
REMSA is looking for certified instructors with the American Heart Association (AHA) to help instruct Basic Life Support CPR courses held at our Education and Training Center. This position has constant interaction with community members, businesses and other local organizations.
This position will be responsible for providing education to various audiences and companies as scheduled by the REMSA Education and Training Center. Courses will be taught in accordance with the current AHA guidelines requiring the candidate to maintain a current instructor and provider card at the level being taught. The candidate will be current on all REMSA and AHA established policies and procedures and maintain current knowledge of the courses in that REMSA provides. Candidates will be required to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as well as normal business hours.
- Instructor certification required in a specialized area (to learn if you qualify, contact Alma Marin)
- 2 years of facilitating courses preferred
Basic Life Support Instructor Responsibilities
- Set up manikins and other equipment for CPR and First Aid courses
- Teach video-based AHA courses
- Clean and put away equipment and supplies used during a class
- Submit course paperwork
- Teach a minimum of one class per quarter
- Participate in teaching Hands-Only CPR during community events
Basic Life Support Instructor Benefits
- Flexible schedule
- Teach courses of various lengths (3 hours, 4 hours, 6 hours, or 8 hours)
- Interact in our community and create lasting business relationships