As a Communications Specialist (dispatcher), you are the authority to determine medical complaints and appropriate therapy based on the assessment of the patient while staying within established protocols. This dispatcher position is also responsible for safety decisions involving patient and aircraft/ambulance; whether or not additional equipment should be taken; in triage, appropriate means of transport and setting of priorities. If you have completed an EMT course or have a current or past EMT certification please apply! This is a full time position that is eligible for benefits.
- EMT certificate or past EMT course completion required
- Ability to type a minimum of 35 wpm
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to multi-task, attentive to detail in various forms
- Ability to work varied shift (days, nights, weekends, holidays)
- Upon hire, complete and pass E.M.D. Training