Business Services Representative I
The REMSA Business Office is responsible for the clean and correct billing, of Ground and Air Emergency and Non-Emergency Medical Transportation, to all commercial and government insurance providers, including Medicare and Medicaid. The REMSA Business Office is also responsible for the correct collection and application of payments to individual accounts. This position is critical to the financial cycle of REMSA.
Within this general framework, this position is accountable for the following functions:
• Receive charts from field staff and verify information for compliance.
• Research accounts for additional billing and demographic information that may be missing and obtain same information from hospitals or other sources, when applicable.
• Knowledge/compliance of Medicare standards and audits.
• Ability to read, understand and communicate an EOB.
• Meet established productivity levels for accounts worked.
• Maintain a professional demeanor.
• Collect on and close accounts in a timely manner.
• Monitor and follow-up on assigned workflows.
• Enter all ePCR information as presented including demographic information, diagnosis coding, charges, etc., in an accurate and timely manner, into the billing system.
• Cross-train in other areas.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications/ Experience Requirements
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Familiar with Insurance billing guidelines and practices.
• Familiar with medical terminology.
• Knowledge of basic math, punctuation, grammar, spelling, and business correspondence.
• Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office and Google Suites.
• Have the ability to set priorities, adapt to change, and show initiative.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Experience working with insurance websites a plus.
• Accounts Receivable collection experience desired.