REMSA is Dedicated to Pedestrian Safety
REMSA received a $15,000 grant from the Nevada Department of Public Safety, Office of Traffic Safety to support traffic safety campaigns during 2018-2019.
The Office of Traffic Safety (OTS) awards grant funds to assist the State of Nevada with the Highway Safety Plan. The grant funding officially started on October 1st, 2018 and will run through September 30, 2019. This year’s funding will be used to educate the public about pedestrian safety in order to decrease injuries and deaths in Washoe County. REMSA`s Pedestrian Safety Grant “Rethink Your Step” will be used for outreach efforts.
In October 2017, REMSA also joined the Vision Zero partnership. We have made a commitment to take action to bring the number of fatalities on our roadways to zero. We are working with the following regional partners:
- City of Reno
- City of Sparks
- Federal Highway Administration (FHWA)
- Nevada Department of Transportation (NDOT)
- Nevada Department of Public Safety (NDPS)
- Nevada Highway Patrol (NHP) Office of Traffic Safety (OTS)
- Regional Transportation Commission (RTC) of Washoe County
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Vulnerable Road Users Project
- University of Nevada, Reno
- Washoe County Health District, Air Quality Department
- Washoe County School District
- Members of the public concerned about safety