REMSA was established to oversee Care Flight and REMSA operations and to coordinate emergency medical service activities through a central emergency medical communications center. REMSA answers to its Board of Directors with responsibility to the Washoe County District Health Department.
Within this general framework, this position is accountable for the following functions:
- Work under the general direction of the Fleet Maintenance Manager to maintain a fleet of emergency ambulances, and other company vehicles.
- Assist with all necessary repairs, checks and preventative maintenance that are required up to and including major overhauls.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area at all times.
- Become familiar with applicable standards of all interior non-medical equipment such as gurneys, fasteners, lifts, and emergency warning devices.
- Be courteous and helpful to employees represent the organization in a professional manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications/ Experience Requirements
- Strong desire to continually learn about mechanical solutions and services.
- Valid and clear Nevada or California Driver license is mandatory.
- A demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
- Must be able to operate common shop hand and power tools.
- Ability to read and make practical application of shop manuals and manufacturer bulletins.
- Must be able to operate simple computer programs and modern vehicular diagnostic equipment.
- Work alongside Mechanics to maintain vehicles to “aircraft standards”.
- Ability to work independently and alongside Mechanics to perform preventative maintenance and checks.
- Desire and ability to work with a competent team and ask questions when needed.