Manager of Clinical & CQI
Within this general framework, this position is accountable for the following functions:
- In coordination with leadership and medical direction, is responsible for the development and administration of company CQI / Education/Clinical programs and assuring they meet the standards and curriculum set forth by the DOT, CAAMS, CAMTS, CAHEPP and MPDS.
- In coordination with leadership assures that all educational programs meet all relevant regulatory requirements and the appropriate CEU’s (continuing education credits) are distributed.
- In coordination with the leadership and medical direction, assures a comprehensive internal clinical / education training program for all areas of the organization.
- Interacts with area clinical sites/committees and maintains a positive working relationship with members of the local medical community.
- Provides clinical quality feedback to REMSA management to facilitate the development and continuing growth of REMSA and associated organizations.
- In collaboration with leadership, administers the company CQI Program for all company health services.
- In conjunction with leadership, continuously develops formal processes to evaluate standard of care and protocol changes.
- Formulates recommendations for education and training for staff based upon CQI data and works with leadership on the implementation of resulting training.
- Facilitates the performance improvement process/remediation of RNs, Paramedics, EMTs and Communication Specialists requiring further training, in coordination with the operational entity who will design and implement the remediation plan
- Establishes and maintains a strong professional rapport with the area medical community and attends community meetings that concern clinical/education issues as the REMSA representative.
- Maintains and uses data to manage areas of responsibility.
- Maintains currency in standards and programs in the pre-hospital industry through research and attendance of national conferences.
- Models a high level of professionalism, accountability & customer service.
- Oversees and directs the development and planning of yearly continuing education offerings.
- Manages clinical staff by establishing clear expectations, goals and outcomes for each program, whiling linking them with overarching company goals.
- In coordination with the Executive Director of Integrated Health, establishes and oversees department policies and procedures.
- Builds strategic alliances and partnerships with hospitals and other external entities
- In coordination with Executive Director develops, reviews, researches and implements clinical and quality key performance indicators.
- Maintains, revises and advances current CQI / QA process to compliment current trends in EMS and organizational goals.
- Develops and maintains a department budget as approved by leadership.
- Provide appropriate clinical counsel based on standing protocol and current medical care standards to clinical employees as appropriate.
- Work with appropriate staff to develop performance improvement plans based on objective, identified need by clinical staff.
- Ensures customers, students and patients receive excellent customer service and exceptional clinical patient care.
- Provides development, coaching and mentoring opportunities to employees.
- Collaborates on the development of the Paramedic, EMT and other healthcare professional programs.
- Develops a positive team environment, where employees are proud of being a member and are supportive of one another through open communication, standards and recognition
- Represent REMSA Clinical & CQI Department on assigned local committees and boards in the furtherance of our programs.
- In coordination with the Education Manager manage and direct the coordination and development of simulation-based experiences and classes for students and employees.
- Supports the company’s Leadership Code of Conduct through one’s own actions and encourages the same from peers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications/ Experience Requirements
- Management or supervisory experience required.
- Current NREMT-P/NV State Certification or Registered Nursing License required.
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable field of study or equivalent combination of education and additional direct experience is required.
- A minimum of (2) years within a high-performance EMS system and/or acute healthcare setting with a focus in emergency, critical care is required.
- Demonstrated experience in quality assurance preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Must be a self-starter requiring little direct supervision.
- Experience coordinating and maintaining healthcare/education accreditations preferred.
- Computer literacy in multiple systems and programs required (Word, Excel, Power Point, Gmail, Google Professional Suite platforms)
- Must possess strong organizational skills.
Exercises direct supervision over clinical & CQI staff.Apply Now