Paramedic – (Plumas County, CA)
We are currently hiring a full-time ground ambulance Paramedic for our operation in Plumas County, California. As a Paramedic at Care Flight Ground, you not only work on an ambulance and a quick response vehicle (QRV), you also work in the Emergency Room at Plumas District Hospital, whom we are partnered with to run their EMS Program. Our clinicians are able to work within their scope of practice within the hospital and are an integral part of a robust integrated health team we have built within the communities we serve. Our team members are trained to perform low angle rope rescue and carry low angle gear on our ambulances. We provide medical coverage and services to large wild land fire incidents throughout the summer as well as special events coverage for athletic, musical venues and festivals. Care Flight is very involved in the communities we offer and provide education to co-responding agencies and citizens alike. We adhere to high clinical standards and our clinicians utilize critical thinking and practice medicine in multitudes of clinical settings and scenarios within the rural areas we cover. We also work closely within our Care Flight organization and routinely transport with our flight and critical care teams when weather prevents them from flying.
- Paramedic certification in the State of California required.
- Nor Cal Certification required.
- American Heart Association ACLS required.
- American Heart Association PALS certification required.
- American Heart Association BLS/CPR required.
- Current ITLS or PHTLS required.
- CA Ambulance Driver’s License with Medical Examiner’s Certification
- Valid Driver’s license required with a clean driving record.
- Low angle rope rescue certification preferred.
- Must possess excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Maintains a positive working attitude.
- Self-starter requiring little oversight.
- Must be adaptable to change and able to function in a team based management structure.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.